Monday 14 March 2016

A little bit of stitching

I didn't craft much since the beginning of the year, but it's mostly the "January effect". Nice little depression every year. But I managed to get into the Easter/Spring/Stitching mood and made these mini projects.

First a little Flower fairy. It was an old freebie from a UK stitching magazine. Stitched in one thread on 16 count aida, with a few fractionals. The backstitch is quite intricate and gives the whole dimension to the picture.


Then I made a little chicken for Easter, I still need to turn it into a cushion.


Finally an Elisabeth Design for a pin cushion. The pattern calls for a 40 count evenweave (or linen), but I used 28 count by mistake. Well, I thought the fabric colour (cloudy brown) was perfect for it. So it's just a little bigger than expected, and the leaves look a bit sprse, but never mind.


Now and then when I feel like stitching, I'm doing yet another freebie from an old magazine, a hedgehog with flowers from DMC. 16 colours and tweaking, freebie kits weren't for the newbie faint hearted in those times !

No comments :