Friday 12 September 2014

Star stitch purses

A while back, I was trying to understand the lovely (but tricky) star stitch in crochet. I decided to give it another go, and 2 purses were born : a green coin purse, and a pink phone case.

I find this stitch a lot of fun now, but it requires a lot of yarn !!! And the result is quite bulky.

And, weirdly enough, on Sunday my mother in law came up to me with a lovely book about the star stitch, because she couldn't figure out how to do it.... And here I am making a demonstration yarn and hook in hand. She lended me the book, so I will be making more star stitch projects...

------------------------------------------------

Il y a un bout de temps, j'ai essayé le point étoile, sans succès. Là j'ai réessayé, et youppie, ça marche ! 

Et j'ai fait un porte monnaie vert et une pochette à portable rose. 

Comme par hasard, dimanche, ma belle mère avait acheté le livre "Le point étoile, la star du crochet", mais elle ne savait pas comment faire le point. Et donc j'ai fait une démo, avant d'emprunter le livre. Je sens que je vais faire pas mal de nouveaux projets....

No comments :