Thursday 21 April 2011

Here's the Easter bunny !

About 20 years ago, I made my first crochet project: a teddy bear in filet crochet. My mom sew it on a cushion, and I had to make a second one to have a pair. And, believe it or not, these teddies are still alive and present in the family sofa. Of course, my mom unsewed and resewed them onto new cushions (she made the cushions with the same fabric as the curtains both times) but the crochet pieces are still good as new.

So when I saw that table runner in "Crochet World", I had to make the bunny. It's a sort of "back to the origins". I never intended to make the whole thing, because I knew I wouldn't have time to finish before Easter. I think I will frame it or something.

Click on the picture to see the details.

-------------------------------

Il y a environ 20 ans, mon tout premier projet en crochet était un nounours en crochet filet. Ma maman l'a cousu sur un coussin, et j'ai du en faire un second pour avoir la paire. Avec le temps, maman a décousu et recousu les nounours sur d'autres coussins (afin qu'ils soient dans le même tissu que les rideaux), mais ils trônent toujours dans le canapé familial.


Donc, quand j'ai vu cette nappe dans "Crochet World", j'ai voulu faire au moins le lapin. Car le projet total est grand, et je n'aurais jamais eu le temps de finir pour Paques !!! Je crois que je vais l'encadrer ou quelque chose comme ça....


Cliquez sur l'image pour voir les détails

2 comments :

Margarets designer cards said...

Lovely buuny I am sure he will be around for many years to come
Margaret

Suztats said...

how cute! Hoppy Easter!