Friday 4 December 2009

Emerging from hibernation

I know, I know, it's been a veeeeery lon g time.... Actually, I thought of abandonning this blog . I just see no point, as I don't really spend any time on the web at all. No emails, no reading blogs... But then I thought I was still making things, and so I would miss something if i don't keep track of it. I need at least pictures with dates.

So here we go. Mama Christmas is back. I don't have the energy to start Christmas projects to make ornaments, and it's such a long time ufo... I still believe it will be finished one day, even if I'm an old lady by then ;)

Here in France, there are a lot of magazines with crochet doilies and such. And this year there were snowflakes and other such things, so... It's a whole thing. I find it hard to concentrate on long projects, but thise snowflakes and photophores are done in a couple hours. So I started with the snowflakes, and they are now in the tree.

And then there are the photophores. It's an on going project, and I try various techniques. Last year was glass engraving, and this year... crochet. And it's a nice way to recycle yahourt pots. I like photophores, because it's a safe and clean way of having candles around the house.

------------------------------------

Ca fait un bail que je n'ai pas posté, et pour être honnête, j'ai bien failli abandonner ce blog. Après tout, je ne suis jamais sur internet, je ne lis même pas les blogs des autres ! Mais comme je continue à faire des trucs , je veux garder une trace quand même. Donc me voilà !

Mama Christmas est de retour. Petit à petit... je suis sure que je vais la finir, même si je suis une vieille dame à ce moment-là !

En France, on a beaucoup de magazines avec des napperons, et cette année ils se diversifient en faisant des flocons de neige et tout ça, donc c'est l'occasion de faire des décos de sapin. Et aussi des photophores. Ce sont des trucs faits en une heure ou deux, et c'est parfait pour moi en ce moment, vu que je n'arrive pas à me concentrer sur des projets de longue haleine.

J'adore les photophores. C'est une manière propre et sécuritaire d'avoir des bougies dans la maison !










6 comments :

Anonymous said...

Tu en as fait des projets de crochet. Bravo et bonne continuation. C'est chouette de te revoir sur ton blog... Ann

Mylene said...

So nice to see you back and WOW! Such lovely crochet pieces you've created lately. I just love them all.

Annie said...

I can't believe you've abandoned the web in such a major way when you were so active before. Glad you've decided to blog again though.

The stitching is cute as a button. And the crocheted pieces are really pretty. I like those little candle holder cozies.

Cathy said...

Keep blogging. I enjoy seeing what you are working on.

Nathdmc said...

Ouf !!! te voila enfin !!!! je m'inquiétais, un si long silence..... mais tu es loin d'être restée inactive de tes 10 doigts !!!! Beau travail !!!!
Comment vas-tu ? bien installée en France ?
Gros bizoux,

katty72 said...

bonjour je viens de découvrir ton blog et je le trouve génial bravo pour tout ce que tu fais bisous