Tuesday 21 April 2009

Knitted bookmark

Yes, it's going to snow... I was so much against knitting that I had to do it again at some point :)

It all began when I found a cheap kit to knit a scarf at the supermarket. I thought it would be a nice change. Of course it's been such a long time since I knitted I needed help so I also bought "Knitting for dummies". Which isn't specifically for dummies, as I used that book to make this bookmark.

I wanted to try the different stitches, so I spent an hour and a half on this. Click on the picture to see it bigger. I started at the bottom, with the classical stitches, then rice stitch, wheat stitch, double rice, etc...

So at 1am, I was finished, and I had to open my book again: I had never finished any knitting piece, so I needed help to cast off and stop the thread !!!

----------------------------------------

Je sais, il va neiger... J'avais dit que je ne me remettrais jamais au tricot, et pourtant... voici mon premier marque=page en tricot. Tout a commencé hier en achetant un kit pas cher pour faire une écharpe.

J'ai eu la bonne idée de prendre aussi "Tricot pour les nuls" (qui est loin d'être pour les nuls vu que les points différents viennent de là) car ça fait tellement longtemps, n'est-ce pas...

Donc en commencant par le bas (cliquez pour voir plus grand), j'ai fait le point mousse, jersay, des cotes 1/1 et 2/2, le point de riz, de blé, riz double, les cotes brisées.

A 1h du mat (après une heure et demie de travail), je me suis rendue compte qu'il fallait que j'ouvre le livre à nouveau car je n'avais jamais arrêté le fil en fin d'ouvrage avant, et ce fut un moment très gratifiant !

2 comments :

Kucki68 said...

See if you can find Stitch and Bitch, it is actually a fun book for knitting revial.

Nathdmc said...

Sympa ton marque-page ! je n'aurai pas pensé à utiliser le tricot pour en faire un !
Pas mal du tout ta reprise....
Bizoux,