Wednesday 8 April 2009

I know, you will go from « youhou, she posts more !” to “heeek, it’s crochet, not stitching !!!”. Well, what can I say?

I’ve been in a slump. General craft slump. As in “why make stuff? I have too many framed stitchings on my walls, and I don’t want a cushion invasion, etc…” I had a period of making miniature crochet characters, but it’s hard on the fingers, so I can’t really spend too much time on it. Then with Easter coming, I thought it would be fun to make little chicks, especially since I spend last year’s batch and I’m left without any.

Then the ideas came crawling at me… Great crochet books, free patterns on the web, Craftser… So many things to crochet, so little time ! And crochet isn’t just to make cute little animals, I plan on making bags (there’s a purse I made years ago I always carry around with me, but I need something bigger), scarves, other useful things…

I’m still waiting for my order of Clover hooks (these are so comfy to work with !) and a book on crocheted flowers. I just got into Ravelry, and it's quite overehelming. So if you're also a member, come and get me !!!

Thank you all for your nice comments. Health wise, I’m ok, and people (mom, grandma) seemed worried about the allergic attack, when I was just in mild discomfort from a big face !
For the moment I’m waiting for the garage to paint the boot of my car, so I have to drive one of those new fancy cars, it’s like a spaceship !

------------------------------

Je vous vois arriver de très loin: “chouette, elle poste plus… zut, c’est du crochet, pas de la broderie »… Ben oui, faut bien changer un peu.

Il faut dire que si je poste moins, c’est que je n’ai pas grand-chose à montrer, car je ne brode pas beaucoup… he oui, un peu ras le bol je suppose. Il faut dire qu’il y a plus de 10 broderies finies qui trainent dans les tiroirs, mais j’ai assez de cadres, et je ne veux pas commencer une invasion de coussins, donc je suis en phase « Pourquoi fabriquer des trucs ? »

Mais avec Pâques, j’ai eu envie de refaire des poussins, vu que ceux que j’ai faits les années précédentes sont partis à droite à gauche. J’ai bien sûr eu une période ou je faisais des miniatures, mais ca fait mal aux doigts, donc je ne peux pas faire ça très longtemps. Et je préfère manipuler la laine, c’est plus sympa….

Ensuite, je suis tombée sur des super bouquins, et des modèles gratuits sur internet, Craftser… Tant de trucs à faire, et pas assez de temps ! car le crochet n’est pas que pour faire des animaux mignons, je compte faire des sacs (j’utilise la bourse que j’ai fait il y a des années tout le temps, mais j’ai besoin de quelque chose de plus grand), des écharpes,etc…

J’attends encore mes crochets Clover (si confortables !), et un livre sur les fleurs en crochet. Je viens d'être acceptée sur Ravelry, mais c'est un peu décontenancant pour moi, alors si vous êtes aussi membre... venez me chercher !

Merci pour vos commentaires, au niveau santé, je vais bien, en fait, à part l’inconfort d’un visage énorme, je me sentais pas trop mal depuis le début ! Et en ce moment, je conduits une voiture différente car la mienne est à la peinture… j’espère la récuperer vite, car la nouvelle corsa est bien plus grande que la mienne, et on dirait un vaisseau spatial tellement c’est high tech !

7 comments :

Annie said...

Glad you found your mojo. Just found you on ravelry!

Ginny said...

I enjoy reading about your projects, wether crochet or stitching. I've been in a stitching slump of late, but am picking up the pace as I have until the end of May to finish a 25th anniversary cross stitch for my hubby and me. (Guess I'd better leave some time for framing, huh?) The important thing is to enjoy whatever you're doing!

Kucki68 said...

Glad to hear you were only in mild discomfort (bad enough as this is). I like the crochet stuff you show, though I am more of a knitter. For a bag I think crochet is actually better (shhht, do not tell anyone I said that), because it is less flexible. I am looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Anne R said...

I'm on Ravelry too, but I'm so new, I haven't found out how to find anyone else! :)

And I know exactly what you mean with the stitching slump - I'm trying to stitch this gorgeous Just Nan tin, but i j u s t c a n t g e t i t d o n e! It's going like molasses, and it's not even a BAP! I've got some knitting going on instead ;)

June said...

I was just like you and could not face doing any more X stitching. I have been doing crochet now for quite some time and I love it. I have joined Ravelry and made myself a whole wardrobe of cardigans and jumpers. At the moment, I am making lots of pairs of crochet slippers, which are so comfortable to wear.

Nathdmc said...

Contente de te lire, tout simplement, que se soit croostitch ou crochet, j'aime découvrir ce que tu fais et ton inventivité !
Contente que tu ailles mieux, mais tu dis conduire une autre voiture que la tienne, peut-être que l'origine de ton allergie vient de là.......
Je ne connais pas Raverly, c'est quoi ?
Bizoux et Bonnes Fêtes de Pâques,

Felicity said...

Don't worry about what bloggers think you should be doing, San. You do what you enjoy. To be honest, we are just happy knowing that you are healthy, happy and enjoying creating stuff, cos you wouldn't be you if you weren't creating stuff. Hugs ...

Though any time you'd like to do something for a wall ... I have lots of blank ones here in my house. LOL