Monday 30 March 2009

Quite a prolific week end… I started to read blogs again, but of course my time is limited and the number of interesting blogs grows dramatically each day, so I only see a portion of what’s out there. But I suppose it’s the same for all of us ;)

Last week end I got “Japan Style” magazine, and they had an article on amigurumis. I felt an urge to make little crochet animals again. So I ordered the book they advice on. It’s Easter soon, and I want to make chicks and bunnies for the occasion. Lately I made miniatures, but for Easter decorations, I needed them to be bigger. So acrylic yarn yelled at me…

But here is the catch: I got rid of most of my yarn when I moved. Luckily I was saved by the local yarn store, with a 1 ball 1 euro sale.

Amazon being their usual efficient self, I got the book when I went to DBF’s on Friday (yes, I got it delivered to his place, for the free France to France delivery and other convieniences). It is packed with good ideas and original amigurumis, and I thought I was in Heaven on Friday night. But when I tried to make one them…. Let’s just say it’s not for beginners. I wanted to make the cute monsters, but the text called for a drawing that wasn’t there and stuff like that. I managed to make it at the end, but only because I have practice !

On Saturday we went to the new “Cultura” shop (books, crafts, dvds, video games and cds all in one !!! and they do have DMC threads !!!!) where I bought “Mr Funky’s patterns for funny girls”. This one I would recommend for beginners. Original fun presentation, and very Japanese style amigurumis and accessories. I’m making the bag at the moment. Of course I’ll have to go to the yarn store again because I ran out of yellow, but still….
So this week end I made the little monster, the chick and the duck/blue bird. And finished a doily.

-----------------------------

Ce week end a été assez prolifique. Il faut dire que la lecture de vos blogs m’a à nouveau inspirée, ainsi que le magazine Japan Style qui a un article sur les amigurumis.Donc début de semain j’ai commandé le livre « Mes amigurumis » chez Amazon, avec livraison chez mon chéri (port gratuit de France à France, et autres avantages).

Pour Pâques, il me faut des poussins et des lapins, mais d’une certaine grandeur, donc il faut de la laine. Or, j’ai quasiment tout donné quand j’ai déménagé ! Mais j’ai eu la chance que la boutique locale faisait des soldes 1 pelote 1 euro.

Je dois dire que le livre « Mes Amigurumis » est loin d’être un livre pour débutants. Si vous ne savez pas crocheter ou pas terrible, ne commencez pas par celui-là. Prennez plutôt « Mr Funky’s modèles pour les funky girls » que j’ai acheté samedi à Cultura (livres, crafts, dvds, jeux videos et cds tout sous le même toit ! Ils ont même des fils DMC !!!)

Car quand un modèle se réfère à « selon le croquis » qui semble inexistant (j’en ai déduit que c’était celui de 3 modèles avant…), et qu’on ne voit pas trop comment ca marche, c’est difficile. Par contre les modèles sont très originaux, donc le livre est à recommander pour les gens qui ont fait des amigurumis basiques et veulent faire quelque chose de différent.

Donc ce week end, j’ai fait un petit monstre, un poussin, un canard / oiseau bleu, et je suis entrain de faire un sac, pour lequel je dois retourner à la boutique pour avoir encore plus de jaune…

2 comments :

Annie said...

Very cute little critters. They look like fun to make (once you figure out the cryptic instructions!)

Nathdmc said...

Ohhh sont tout mimi tes nouveaux amis !!!!!
Joli travail !!!
Bizoux,