Thursday 6 November 2008

Now with frame !!!

Yes, it's already framed, and displayed on the dvd/crafty bits shelves in the living room. It's next to the tv, in front of me when i stitch, so it's under my eyes all the time.

Of course, I expect DBF to put it somewhere else as soon as he comes back to put his PS3, but still...

Even the frame has a story. I stitched a husky dog head for my brother a few years back. Of course I didn't think of the guy factor when choosing the frame, so I got the frame back, and Mom put the dog in a more plain frame.

I didn't mind, knowing that I could use the frame for something else and... voila !

It's gold and darker area. I'm not a fan of golden frames, but the fairy is shimmering already, and the dark in the frame reminds me of the dark in the picture.

Some people asked me what I'm stitching now, well... "Welcome to the nuthouse", and I dug up cinderella as well... I need to progress big projects from time to time....

I noticed a new feature from blogspot: "followers". And I already have 4 of them even before adding the widget to the sidebar !!! How did you become a follower without this link???

I would also like to welcome the new visitors, I see a few commented today, and I can say I'm over the moon !!!

Well, time to go and stitch a little bit... Of course I have to do a bit of cleaning and packing as tomorrow is back onthe road to DBF's....

-----------------------------------

Hé oui, aussitôt fini, aussitôt encadré ! Bon, le destin m'a un peu aidée... Il y a quelques années, j'ai brodé un husky pour mon frère. Malheureusement, je n'ai pas pris en compte ses gouts et sa déco intérieure dans le choix du cadre.

Si bien que ma mère l'a changé, et m'a donné le cadre. ce qui tombe bien vu qu'il convient parfaitement à la fée, non seulement au niveau des dimensions, mais aussi dans le style et le fait que c'est doré/marron foncé, ce qui rappelle le dessin !!!!

Pour l'instant, le cadre et posé sur la bibliothèque dvd/craft à coté de la télé, il est sous mes yeux quand je brode. Evidemment, DBF le changera surement de place la prochaine fois qu'il vient, vu qu'il doit trouver où poser sa PS3....

A la question "mais que broder maintenant?", je vais répondre "Welcome to the nuthouse", et je vais aussi ressortir Cendrillon. Il faut bien avancer les gros projets parfois...

J'ai remarqué de nouvelles options de blogspot, comme les "abonnés", si bien que j'ai mis ce widget sur la gauche.

Enfin, bienvenue aux nouveaux, qui ont commenté d'ailleurs aujourd'hui, je suis aux anges !

Bon, c'est pas tout ça, mais je dois quand même broder un peu, et aussi ranger et enpaqueter pour le week end, car demain, à moi la route vers la France à nouveau....

12 comments :

Chiloe said...

Parce qu'aux USA, ils pouvaient le faire avavnt nous ;)

TU es une rapide toi !!! Je n'ai encore jamais encadré ....

Repose toi bien en France !!!

Laura said...

Your Halloween fairy looks perfect in the frame you chose. You are right, the bling bling of the frame matches the bling of the fairy, and also the dark areas. Congrats on a beautiful finish!

Desi said...

The frame is just right. I SOOOO want to do this pattern. I just need to find it...

Kucki68 said...

Hi San,

I always read you blog and when I saw the follower thing I figured I would put my daily reads in there. You can do it with the sites link and that's what I did.

Love the frame on the Halloween fairy, just the right touch of gothic, I think.

Karin

Anonymous said...

cette petite fée d'automne est enchanteresse,of course :o)

Anonymous said...

I think your Halloween fairy looks great. The frame is just perfect for the picture.

Hulda
www.saumakarfan.blog.is

Alison said...

Hi San, sorry for being so remiss in reply to your mail - hectic at work and home this last week. Love your Halloween design, really stunning. Glad your Magazine and MS calendar reached you OK and that you are happy with it. I got a lovely mail from your Mom with a Squirrel photo!!! It was an ahhhh moment - please say I will send her an email soon. Love Ali xx

Anonymous said...

I like the complete picture a lot. The frame does match the design very well. Congratulations on finishing this piece!

Cathy said...

I like all of the sparklies. Your picture really shows them off. Great finish and framing job.

stitcherw said...

She turned out gorgeous, the frame is perfect for her. What a lovely piece to have on display. Your earlier finish of Autumn Harvest was lovely too, what a fun way to finish it off. The little pumpkins to trim the breadboard were a great addition.
Sue

Anonymous said...

elle est vraiment magnifique! Certaines perles semblent être un peu trop "voyantes" à mon gout, j'en tiendrais compte quand je la ferais! Mais les fils qui brillent, je trouve ça bien joli!
Et le cadre est superbe aussi!! beau boulot!
bisous

Anonymous said...

Elle est magnifique !!!!!!!!!
Waouhhh et quel travail dessus avec toutes ces perles !!!
Un grand bravo ;-)
Plein de gros bisous