Wednesday 20 August 2008

Webcam test

New laptop means... loads of fiddling about with it, and no stitching... you know how it is...

These pictures are a bit small because I used my webcam to take them at an angle... but they aren't blurry, so... ;)

Anyway, last week I worked on the dragon of Hope, and it's progressing nicely. I love the colours...

And yesterday I finished this beaded snowflake which ended up very fiddly for me... I think I didn't use the proper beads from one or the other shuttle, and ended up with barely enough beads to finish. And it was a good thing I put extra beads on the threads (you need to put the right number of beads on the thread of the shuttles before starting the work, as you can't add anymore afterwards. It requires proper counting of the beads, but it means you can do bead work on the go without fear of loosing them !).

Anyway, I will have to block it seriously, I'm aware it's a bit "3D"...

Now is time to start the Halloween fairy (if you don't know what I'm talking about, look at the picture in the sidebar on the left)

-------------------------

Hier j'ai eu mon nouvel ordi portable, et vous savez ce que ca veut dire... pas de broderie, et beaucoup de bricolage sur l'ordi... D'ailleurs les photos ici sont prises avec ma webcam, c'est pour ça qu'elles sont un peu petites.

Tout d'abord il y a le "Dragon of Hope" qui avance petit à petit...j'adore ses couleurs en tout cas.

Puis nous avons un
flocon en frivolité et perles qui m'a donné du fil à retordre. Je me suis certainement trompée dans le nombre de perles à enfiler au depart sur les deux navettes, car malgré l'extra que j'ai ajouté, je suis tombée à court. Mais bon, c'est pas si grave.

(Il faut enfiler les perles sur le fil des navettes avant de commencer, donc il faut le bon nombre ou on ne peut pas les ajouter après. C'est une limitation, mais cela permet de faire des trucs en perles n'importe où sans crainte de les perdre !)

Sinon ce flocon est un peu "3D", il va falloir serieusement le bloquer avant utilisation...

Et maintenant il est temps de commencer l'Halloween fairy que vous pouvez voir dans la barre de gauche...

Lutine, je n'ai pas encore déménagé... pour l'instant, je suis en vacances en France, mes affaires arriveront en Belgique samedi en 8... je sais, c'est très compliqué, ça fait planter les ordis, comme celui de Belgacom (pour avoir l'internet, telephone et tv), car être française, venir de l'Angleterre vers la Belgique, c'est loin d'êter simple !!! ;)

10 comments :

Anonymous said...

Bon déménagement bientôt et amuses toi bien. Ann

Anonymous said...

ben je te souhaite de bonnes vacances !
Et bon courage pour la suite !

Ginnie said...

Dragon is looking good. I am keen to see your progress on the Halloween fairy, I love this too. I was hoping a collegue from work could get the magazine for me while he was over in the USA but he couldn't find it!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh me revoila !
Rien a voir avec le sujet
Je vais a londres au mois de Septembre Et j'aimerais bien connaitre des endroits sympathiques, peut etre qu'on a pas l'habitude dans les circuits touristiques normaux et si tu as des conseils en mercerie !!!

Tat-a-Renda said...

HI San,
I am sorry that you had some problem with this snowflake. Did you join up the small ring on the left of the big SCMR to the one on the right of the previous SCMR? It doesn't look like it from you photo. That may be the cause of the fiddly bit.

Ginny said...

The pics aren't bad for a webcam.

I don't think I've seen beaded tatting before - really neat! But counting the beads beforehand . . . that'd be nerve-wracking for me!

Anonymous said...

Hi San, I'll be watching with great interest your progress on Trick or Treat, I've got the mag and some suitable (hopefully!) fabric on order...why don't our UK mags have designs like this?!
Jean

Anne R said...

The halloween fairy is fabulous!

And as I can't, for the life of me, understand how this tatting business works, I am always in awe of your fiddly dragons/snowflakes/whatever... I don't have the courage to try it without having someone next to me explaining every move! :)

Anonymous said...

Ton petit dragon promet d'être très joli! Et que dire de la frivolité!! OUlàlà quel boulot!!
gros bisous et bon courage pour la suite!!

Anonymous said...

Hello, tu es venue sur mon blog hier, enfin je pense, mais voilà, je voulais te dire que j'habite Bruxelles et j'ai fait une rencontre à Charleroi mardi!!!! Je sais faire de la frivolité, alors ? Hein?

Cà te tenterait? Il va y avoir une photo de la rencontre avec les copines bientôt sur mon blog!

Bienvenue chez nous!!!! J'espère que tu t'y plairas!

Bisous et bravo pour ta broderie et ta frivolité!!!!!!