Sunday 3 August 2008

Tatted Christmas tree

Ah, the tree from Hell... Not only the twist and turns from the pattern are hard to follow, but I had to unpick re-make most of the tree, as I made so many mistakes along the way...

But in the end the tree turned out ok, so I'm happy ;)

Now I'm trying an edging... to put on one of my pouches !

Lutine, I still sleep at night, but being on holiday helps a lot with free time to do crafty things, and I think Igot the practice for speedy tatting.

About inchies. My first inchy was done without a pattern or anything. It's just a few stitches together. I think I will use that small format to experiment and try to design stuff.

I think I will keep my inchies in a sort of book. And I might try 2 inches instead of one for some things. I think they look like stamps, so if I keep making those, some would probably end up as sticker type of things... for decorating cards, bags, clothes, etc....

---------------------------------

L'arbre de l'enfer.... non seulement l'explication est difficile a suivre, mais je me suis trompee une paire de fois (une paire du Nord = moultes fois). Mais j'ai reussi en fin de compte !

Maintenant je fais une bordure pour une de mes pochettes (je ne sais pas encore laquelle...)

Lutine, je dors quand meme, mais j'ai beaucoup de temps libre vu que je ne travaille pas en ce moment, et j'arrive enfin a faire de la frivolite avec une vitesse respectable...

Pour les inchies... Je n'ai pas utilise de modele pour mon premier inchy. J'ai juste fait quelques points sur un bout de toile. Je pense mettre mes petits carres dans un album, et utiliser ce format pour essayer de faire mes propres creations, comme des tests.

Et ca me fait penser a des timbres, ou des stickers, donc peut etre que certains pourraient servir de deco pour des cartes et autres trucs comme ca....

5 comments :

Ginnie said...

Lovely little tree, well worth the effort!!

Unknown said...

Your tree is so frilly. Like icing on a cake.
BTW, what are inchies? Never heard of them.

stitcherw said...

The tree turned out lovely, and the dragon you did for the pouch earlier was adorable. You've certainly gotten the hang of doing this.
Sue

Nathdmc said...

Waouh ! Bin s'il y a des erreurs, je ne vois pas où ! Il est superbe !!!
Pour la vitesse, il faut laisser le temps au temps, cela viendra !
Biz, Nath.

Kucki68 said...

What a lovely tree. If you keep it up you can do your christmas decorating with tatting which would be cool.