Wednesday 9 July 2008

Need to get out of hibernation....

Let's just say I prefer to read at the moment, and I can't focus on anything. See all the things I have on the go:

- The Stitching fairy
- Crochet doily
- Crochet pink petal bag (only 1 out of 4 parts done)
- Crochet DS pouch (needs closing an decoration)
- Fabric sewn Chinese bellflower from Omyage
- Embroidery garden thing

As you can see I only did some gree and blue on the dress of the fairy, and it was all mostly last night. I suddenly had the urge to stitch, but most of the time, I wonder why I stitch...

The second picture is the Nintendo DS pouch, the threads still need to be sewn in, and it needs a clasp to close. I'm afraid I might have made it a little too small... but well, it's better than too big. It's a Senseo harlequin thread, using an alternation of single and double stitches, and I think the effect is lovely.

Kucki, I don't like knitting for bags either (or for anything really). I already made pouches and bags, and I use them all the time...

Another thing I tried is making cookies. Simple biscuits really. I found my cooking books and just wanted to try... This is my second batch, a lot better than the first one, where the cookies are now a bit hard.

Summer has left us, and it's pouring rain most of the time. I guess the plants love it. But it's not nice to be out. Today DBF is coming for the summer, and it will probably be the only time in my life (until retirement) that I will have such long holidays.

---------------------------------

En ce moment, je prefere lire, et j'ai plein d'en cours car je n'arrive pas a me concentrer:

- Stitching fairy
- Jardin broderie traditionnelle
- Napperon en crochet
- Pochette de DS en crochet (a finir, avec la fermeture et des decorations)
- Sac en crochet rose forme petales (j'ai fait qu'une des 4 petales)
- pochette fleur en tissu du bouquin Omyage.

Donc la fee en point de croix n'avance pas vraiment, je n'ai fait que du vert, et du bleu dans la robe. Pour le moment je ne suis pas inspiree par le point de croix, je me demande a quoi ca sert, et donc je laisse tomber tres vite.

Ma pochette de DS est presque finie, j'ai utilise du fil Senseo harlequin, avec une alternance de points simple et double, ce qui cree un joli effet de relief. Malheureusement, je pense que je l'ai faite un peu trop "proche du corps", quoique... trop grand ca pourrait etre pire. Il me faut encore rentrer les fils, et mettre une fermeture, tout ca...

J'ai aussi retrouve des livres de recettes, et j'ai essaye de faire des biscuits. La photo montre ma deuxieme tentative, qui est mieux que la premiere (moins casse dents).

Ici l'ete est deja parti, et il pleut tres souvent. Pas ideal pour sortir. Aujourd'hui DBF arrive, et ce sera surement la seule fois ou on aura autant de temps de vacances avant la retraite !

6 comments :

Nathdmc said...

Comment tu parles déjà de retraite ????? ;-))) Question météo, l'été n'est pas très présent non plus en Lorraine ! Très jolie production encore une fois, même si tu n'arrive pas à te concentrer longtemps sur un ouvrage. J'aime bien les tons de ta pochette DS, et question place, tu peux toujours rajouter une poche derrière pour ranger les cartouches de jeux, si tu as besoin.
Big Bizoux, Nath.

Anonymous said...

Nothing wrong with hibernating if you have DBF, cookies, stitching and crocheting!!

Enjoy your break San.

Ginnie said...

Your stitching fairy looks really cute, hope you get round to doing more of it soon.
Yes summer has disappeared here too....rain and more rain

Anonymous said...

et ben tu en as des encours !!!
Moi aussi j'en ai plein !!!

Kucki68 said...

I love knitting for socks especially! My favorite commuter project. I can not concentrate enough for stitching on the train. Too fiddly for me.

stitcherw said...

Nice progress on Stitching Fairy, and your case looks lovely. The single and double mix makes for a beautiful textures. Your cookies look quite yummy too, it's been ages since I've baked anything, you're giving me the munchies. :)
Sue