Tuesday 27 May 2008

Petit a petit...

Update picture, I know it doesn't look like much... But some of the colours you see are actually 2 very similar colours, so the colour changes are taking a long time, so there are less crosses done.

Tracy, I didn't even buy the magazine with "Mums are angels", because the mum in question looked like a grandma to me, so it wouldn't have been appropriate to stitch it for my mom ;) They say that angel should take 3 weeks to stitch... Let's see if I can manage and stitch in less than that. Of course, it all depends if I get fed up with it soon or not, like "Mama Christmas", but I feel like taking my time, and relaxing while changing threads and such... so who knows?

Besides, I chose a 16count antique white aida, the cheap kind, but it's a pleasure to stitch on it, big holes and good regular result...

At least I'm happy you like my version of the mouth, it seems like the most difficult part of the design is done. Whatever the rest will look like, she won't look like a freak ;)

----------------------------

Photo de l'etat de l'ange... Evidemment en un jour on ne voit pas grand chose, surtout que souvent la ou on voit une coulur, c'est en fait 2 couleurs tres proches. Donc je passe beaucoup de temps a changer de couleur, ce qui fait que moins de croix sont faites sur la toile.

Tracy, je n'ai pas achete le magazine avec "Mums are angels" parce que l'ange en question avait plutot l'air d'une grand mere (cheveux blancs) que d'une mere, donc je ne pouvais pas le broder pour ma maman.

Il est ecrit que le projet est brode en 3 semaines, voyons mon temps a moi... Tout depend evidemment du fait que je peux laisser tomber ce projet d'un coup, comme "Mama Christmas"... Mais bon, pour l'instant j'apprecie de prendre mon temps, de changer les fils, etc... donc qui sait?
A part ca, j'utilise une toile aida bon marche en 5,5/cm, qui est super agreable: grands trous, et resultat final des croix impec.


Au moins ma version de la bouche semble plaire, j'ai le sentiment que j'ai fait le plus dur deja. Quoique je fasse avec le reste, elle n'aura pas l'air d'un monstre ;)

6 comments :

Chiloe said...

Tu avances vite quand même ;) J'aime beaucoup la bouche aussi .

Tracy911 said...

I thought so as well when I first got the mag (about her looking more like grandma) but I just changed the hair color, and it made her look so much younger. I did leave glasses on her though, cause my mom wears them :)
Picture on my blog if you'd like to look.
P.S. Coming along great, your gonna beat me to finish for sure! lol :)

Annie said...

I'm glad to hear someone finally say something nice about Aida. I stitch on it all the time, but it seems to be going out of fashion. Your angel is coming along very nicely.

patternnuts said...

Quite a lot of progress from one photo to the next. Wow. She looks really cute.

Anonymous said...

3 semaines pour ce modèle! oulà! C'est là que je me rends compte que je suis un petit escargot!! la bouche est super, j'aimais bien l'originale aussi mais de près ça ne fait certaienemnt pas pareil. C'est vrai que tous ces changements de couleurs donnent l'impression de ne pas avancer et pourtant tu as déjà bien brodé!!
bisous et bonne journée

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your progress. It's a great idea to stitch both and place them together in your finish. Have fun, Ann