Thursday 24 April 2008

More white and yellow

I know... I stitched the rest of the white flowers, and the yellow hearts. It's not much. What I like most about this design is that it's like a painting with needle, and there's a sense of peace stitching it.

Lutine, I'm not a fan of huge projects, I loose patience (I started Cinderella.... ages ago) and I feel all I can do with the finished piece is framing. Not fun ;)

Lili: what shopping list?

Ash, thanks for the links. Apparently, not only can I stitch in the plane, but I can even bring my small embroidery scissors !!!! There are some fun items on the list... "Toy transformer robot"???? But no mention of needles... other than knitting and crochet ones. Now we see Americans interests....

And don't worry, I'm not exactly a country girl, I faced crowds, like in London and such, and it won't be my first time in New York either !!!

Zohrah: what colour for the cat?

Chiloe: turning the plane to Florida isn't a bad idea, but DBF won't be too happy, his mind is set on New York, as if the rest of the US isn't worth seeing (his opinion, not mine).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Je sais... J'ai juste brode le reste des fleurs blanches, et le jaune. C'est pas beaucoup. Ce que j'aime dans ce modele est le fait que c'est comme une peinture a l'aiguille, et c'est reposant a faire.

Lutine, je n'aime pas les grands projets, je perds patience (Cendrillon est toujours en travaux depuis des annees) et je ne vois pas quoi en faire apres a part l'encadrer.

Lili: quelle shopping list?

Ash, merci pour les liens. Apparemment on peut broder dans l'avion, et meme emporter ses ciseaux pointus de broderie (les petits). On voit bien l'interet des americains en matiere de crafts: les aiguilles de tricot et de crochet sont mentionnees, mais pas les aiguilles normales !!!! Et il y a des trucs marrants dans la liste, c'est vachement important de savoir qu'on peut emporter son jouet "Transformer" dans l'avion !!!!

Et ne t'inquiete pas, je ne viens pas exactement de ma campagne, j'ai l'habitude des grandes villes comme Londres, et je suis deja allee a New York.

Chiloe: detourner l'avion vers la Floride n'est pas une mauvaise idee, mais DBF ne sera pas tres content, il veut voir New York et rien d'autre...

8 comments :

Leeland said...

I see what you mean about peace with the birds. It's the exact feeling I have when looking at your project.
There's no shopping list... Lol!
I have a clover cutter somewhere in the house if you need one, btw. It's travelled to Martinique with a friend of mine, it might as well go to NY too...
Hugs!
Lili

Anonymous said...

J'aime moyen les motifs très réalistes et j'ai un mauvais souvenir avec un zozio que je devais broder pour ma tante, je l'aurais bouffer!!
bisous

Daffycat said...

Your chickadees are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

You're most welcome San! I didn't figure you were a country girl but wasn't sure how much "American" exposure you had had ;) But yes, you can stitch now. =) The rest of the US isn't exciting eh? Hmm..come to the midwest..we've got storms here that will literally knock the wind out of you. Exciting!?! Hehe...

Beautiful birds! I do have to agree..there is a sense of peace just looking at it. I can't wait till you start the true background..all those blended colors. =) *hugs* - Ash

Anonymous said...

Any colour is fine as long as it is a cat. Thank you San.

Zohrah

Anonymous said...

ouh lala que c'est joli !

Ginny said...

This piece gets prettier and prettier! I love how the flowers add to the design.

Anonymous said...

Je viens de lire cela maintenant, mais si j'étais toi, je revérifirai avec l'aeroport pour ce que tu peux emmener...d'après ce que je sais tout ciseaux et aiguilles sont défendu (mais peut-être cela a changé?)...Ann.