Monday 28 April 2008

Le travail du week end

First week end really looking like Spring... But that doesn't prevent us from stitching, right?

"Pretty in Pink" from Brightneedle was started and finished in less than 24h. It was mostly done on Saturday afternoon. Lili's theory that I would not want to stitch the birds didn't matter here. It was too fast a stitch ;)

But I have to say I don't really like this design for some reason. I used colours I like, ok, but I feel the girls heads are too weird, especially the middle one, which is so faint we can't really see her. I tried using darker colours and all, but... no. I guess I just don't like sampler/naive kind of designs these days.

You might have noticed that instead of stitching the original design, which is square, I made a rectangle so that it would fit a pouch. So I used different motifs from the pinkeep and the fob to populate the empty space.

Of course, once I was finished, I went back to the birds, stitching mostly greens this time, and I also started a certain amigurumi cat for a certain somebody.

You might have noticed that I changed the picture of the title of the blog, after all, snow isn't the season anymore !!!!

----------------------------------------------------------

Premier week end de vrai Printemps... mais ca n'empeche pas de broder, n'est-ce pas?

"Pretty in Pink" de Brightneedle a debute et s'est acheve en moins de 24h, le plus gros a ete fait samedi apres midi. La theorie de Lili comme quoi je ne voudrais plus broder les oiseaux ne marche plus, j'ai brode trop vite ;)

Pourtant, je n'aime pas ce design. Je ne sais pas pourquoi, j'ai choisi les couleurs qui me plaisent et tout, mais je trouve que la tete des filles est bizarre, et meme celle du milieu on la voit a peine. J'ai pourtant essaye d'utiliser des couleurs plus foncees, mais je crois que je n'aime pas ces motifs naifs de marquoirs en ce moment.

J'ai transforme le design, qui originellement etait carre, pour qu'il soit plus compatible avec la pochette que je vais faire. Et donc j'ai du prendre les motifs et les replacer.

Bien sur, une fois fini, je suis retournee sur les oiseaux, brodant surtout du vert cette fois-ci. Et j'ai aussi commence un chat en crochet.

Vous avez surement remarque que l'image du titre avait change: il etait plus que temps de se debarrasser de la neige !!!!

4 comments :

Anonymous said...

J'aime beaucoup le Pretty in Pink! Et je suis en train de faire un BN aussi "Spring", j'ai encore craqué, oui...
Bisous

Nathdmc said...

J'suis curieuse de voir le pitit chat..... Pretty in pink est jolie, il ne faut pas qu'Orianne tombe dessus, sinon, ma liste des à faire sa s'allonger....... hihihi
Big Bizoux, Nath

Leeland said...

Amazing progress on the birds...
Pretty in Pink is one of my fav designs, I will stitch it as a treat when I desperately need one. You've done an amazing job with the colours, and I agree that sometimes it's difficult to have the right shade for skin but I think it's often due to the fabric. I love everyone of the girls, the blond one has a fair skin, it's not shocking at all...
You've been busy!!! So have I but on my walls...
Hugs!
Lili

Anonymous said...

Can that certain somebody amigurumi cat be mine???

Zohrah