Friday 8 February 2008

Little blue bird...

A little blue bird , wip freebie from Midsummer dreams... It is supposed to be a happiness bird, but does it corrolates in real life? It's stitched over one on 32 count linen.

Let's face it, "Moods of the heart" seems to be a bust. I got barely no reaction out for it, especially if you compare with my snowman fob.
So now the right questions are:
Do you like it? Why not? What makes you not liking it? Is the style not in your tastes, or is the design and layout not fit for a project you would want to stitch? Is it too bare, too naive, too what?

I'd be grateful if you give me some feedback, as it would help me develop my designing skills. I'm still searching for my style, so I need input from stitchers !!!!

To be honnest, there's something I'm not quite sure about this design, and I can't put my finger on it...

------------------------------------------------------------

Un petit oiseau bleu, freebie de Midsummer dreams... Ca devrai eter l'oiseaud u bonheur, mais l'est-il vraiment? C'est brode sur un fil, sur du 12fils/cm.

Monfreebie "Moods of the heart" semble ne pas plaire... Je n'ai pas eu beaucoup de reaction de voter part, surtout en comparaison avec mon bonhomme de neige de Decembre.

Bon, c'est pas grave, je dois avouer qu'il y a quelque chose qui me chiffonne avec le design, mais je ne sais pas quoi, alors ce serait sympa de me dire si ca vous plait, pourquoi non, si ce'st le style, ou le dessin qui n'est pas adapte a quelque chose que vous broderiez, est-ce trop nu, trop difficile... etc... Ca m'aiderait a evoluer, vu que je n'ai pas enore trouve ma voie et mon style !!!

8 comments :

Leeland said...

Il est super beau cet oiseau!
Je vais réfléchir à ta question sur les coeurs.
Bisous,
Lili

Danielle said...

The little bird is quite cute! And as for the freebie, it just wasn't my taste. I go for more like the freebie you're stitching and Little House Needleworks and Country Cottage Needleworks designs, and quaker or monochrome ones. Just my two cents.

patternnuts said...

I don't think I would stitch it either. I have saved it for the heart that's in the middle of the design. THat part I could see me doing.
It lacks flow for me.
I'm sorry.

Anonymous said...

The hearts are kind of nice but tbh, what would I do with them? They are too small to make cards from the individual ones and the whole thing is the wrong shape for one. I see it more as a ribbon where the hearts are repeated but that's not really breaking news to do that with hearts. So I don't feel this "yea, great, I want that!"

Anonymous said...

rhooooooooooo le petit zozio, trop chou! ça va rendre très bein!
bises

Kucki68 said...

Hi,

while I like the individual hearts, the one in the middle is a complete break in style from the more "smiley" type ones around and too fragile looking to really fill in the whole in the middle. That leaves me with unbalanced in style and in setting.

Hope this helps, even if it is late.

Karin

Anonymous said...

The idea is to come up with a style of what your readers like mixed with your own twist. Monique at "Inside the Number Twenty" has done this (see my blog for her link) and has some cute little designs that are uniquely hers. Most of your readers probably like: samplers, geometric shapes, nature designs, and domestic designs like homes or teapots. Take these themes and brainstorm for something of a twist to make it your own and you will have a winning combination. Just my opinion. Also check out stitching bloggers wishlists to see what they're into. Don't worry about the ones you design that not too many seem to care for, that is part of the process; I think that all designers have a few of these.

nela said...

Ok voy a ser sincera.. asi que no deseo lo tomes a mal.. alli van mis observacones sobre el free..
Existe una desproporcion entre el titulo y las imagenes.. sugiero reducir letras..tal vez solo usar letras en batcstitch y valorizar mas los corazones.. y no es nesesario que esten tan estaticos... el diseño centrar es de un estilo es decir no es animado.. y los corazones laterales son de otro.. no concuerda, ni los corazones de puntos especiales.. debes definir un estilo...

ejemplo los corrazones pueden uno ser mas largo otro mas gordo.. los corazones pueden tener una imagen a lo lizziekate, y no solo tener color uniforme,, tal vez a cuadros ...