Wednesday 27 February 2008

Is this post too long?

Ah, here you are ;)
Is the weather fantastic and you want to be outside? Here, England being England, the weather changes from hour to hour... Fun fun fun !

Still have problems with my neck, but now it's just a bit blocked, and the headache is under control. So... youhou !
Can you believe I lasted 2 days without stitching??? I can't. I hope to catch up tonight though...

I spent a week talking about Curly Q Ewe's progress without showing anything... so here it is !!!! If you check Pink canary and Passionnee versions, you will see our stitching plans are quite different, that's the fun of a SAL !

Not the weird colour of the flowers: they are in 211 instead of the colour of the jumper. How did that happen? I had prepared the DMC 211 and I think I wanted to stitch something in that colour, then I went to do something else for 24h, and when I came back... I stitched the flowers !!!

And here is also a picture of the flower I made with Tara's tutorial, using a water bottle cap.

About the lost threads: I did receive the CC threads on Valentine's day or the day before, and drooled over them as they were so lovely.... They got into the mess of my stitching table, but then... gone ! So I can only hope it's somewhere in the house... But where?

Chiloe asked about my house and stuff... Let's contemplate this a minute. My house is great. The neigborhood seems calm, but it's winter, so we will see... So far so good on the kids front.

Next door seems to be a few young men renting, probably students, having friends over sometimes. So... rap music blasting through the walls during the day sometimes. Nothing a bit of metal rock can't fix ;) The location of the house is great, close to everything, work, pool (where they start to know me), supermarket... If only work could catch up, I wouldn't have much problem at all. Well, despite the non-paying tenants from my old house and the electricals breaking down of course ! ;)

Lili, I doubt DBF has my threads, but please please pretty please send DS of DH or yourself to DBF to retrieve the precious enveloppe I left him for you. You really need it, so go go go !!!!

Ali, nice to see you around, I do think I will go to Olympia in a quick in and out notion, that's how I do it when I go to expos alone... Still have to get my ticket though. Are you going?

Nela, I don't like tea, but your tea pots are amazing !!!

Ginny, it's really the week of lost threads indeed, I hope you will find yours ! Don't give up hope.... (Glad to discover your blog btw, lovely wallpaper for your bathroom, and I love "Garden Pleasures....)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Je suis contente de voir qu'il y a encore quelques personnes, et que tout le monde n'es tpas parti jouer dehors. En Angleterre, le temps change toutes les heures, c'est donc un challenge en soi...
J'ai toujours des problemes avec mon cou, maintenant il est un peu bloque, mais je n'ai plus mal a la tete, donc c'est une amelioration. Ca fait deux jours que je ne brode pas, j'espere me rattrapper ce soir !!!


Apres avoir parle une semaine entiere de mon progres sur Curly sans montrer de photo.... tadaaaa ! Comme vous pouvez le constater, Pink Canary, Passionnee et moi avons une approche tres differente du projet, c'est ca le fun du SAL !!!

Les fleurs sont en 211 a la place de la couleur du pull, et ca fait un peu alien je trouve. Mais bon, j'aime cette couleur...

Et voila aussi une photo de la fleur pique aiguille d'apres le tuto de Tara. Moi j'ai utilise un bouchon de bouteille d'eau.

A propos des fils perdus: Je les ai recus la veille de la St Valentin, j'ai bave dessus car ils sont tres beaux, je les ai mis sur ma table a broder et puis... je sais plus !!! J'espere toujours les revoir...

Chiloe me demandait comment etait ma maison et tout ca... pour l'instant, c'est super. Le quartier est calme, a part la maison d'a cote qui est occupee par des jeunes hommes en colocation, et qui recoivent des amis souvent, mais rien qu'un peu de metal rock ne puisse sauver.... Pour l'instant, pas d'enfants, mais il faut attendre l'ete pour etre sur... La maison est aussi idealement placee pour le boulot, la piscine (ou on commence a me connaitre !), le supermarche... Donc en fait, si le boulot allait bien et que j'avais pas de problemes d'appareils electriques qui tombent en panne ou de locataires non payeurs, ca irait super !

Lili, je doute que DBF aie pris mes fils, mais par contre tu devrais envoyer DS, DH ou meme toi-meme pour recuperer l'enveloppe que je lui ai confiee pour toi. Tu en en as beaucoup tres beaucoup besoin, crois-moi.... Donc... go go go !!!

Ali, je compte aller a Olympia, ne fut-ce que pour me balader dans la broderie. Un truc assez rapide quand meme...

Nela, je n'aime pas le the, mais tes theieres sont fantastiques !!!

Ginny, c'est vraiment la semaine des fils perdus, j'espere que tu retrouveras les tiens, moi je ne perds pas espoir...

11 comments :

Anonymous said...

Bravo pour ton project de broderie et la fleur est magnifique. Ann.

Alison said...

Hi San, yes I will most probably go along to Olympia - last year I bought a lovely book which had patterns blending x-s with other stitches and the designer signed it for me - I have been working on one of her designs, so thought I would try to find her stand and show her what I had done! Also I want to get some more DMC threads for 39p for a new pattern in the book.

patternnuts said...

Could you tell me how big the pincushion is???? (both height and width)

Ginny said...

Curly Q Ewe is so cute! I recently discovered LHN; I like their designs a lot.

Ah, renters. We have some close by - all men - and they often come in between 12:15 am and 2:00 am with car stereo blaring. I hear it too loudly and clearly in my second story upstairs bedroom! Such an interruption to my pleasant stitching time. Oh, well. At least it doesn't last long.

Leeland said...

You know what? I have the most lovely pins for a flower pin like that: with adorable roses and they would look great in there...wink!
I'm writing an email for you but I wanted to check your blog at the same time...
Curly Q Ewe is looking great! I'm not surprised that you unconsciously used DMC 211 for the flowers... Lol!
Off to your email now!
PS: Now, you gotta show on your blog the wonder I have just received and that is definitely making my day/week!!!
Hugs!
Lili

Anonymous said...

Non, non, ça ne choque pas trop la couleurs des fleurs! Ta Curly est adorable, j'ai commencé le gilet!Le paf de tara est très mimi, j'aime beaucoup les tissus que tu as utilisé. et pour les fils, alors, mystère et boule de gomme!! c'est pas possible ça!!! mais où sont-ils?????
biz

nela said...

ayyyyyyyyyyyyy que patadas este blog tuyo a veces me deja usar traductor y otras no... por favor pon un links para traducirlo asi se me hace mas facil leerte... siiiiiiiiiiiiiii
ohhhhh Ali esta viva... besos para Ali de mi parte....

Anonymous said...

oh que oui il est tout mignon!merci de m'avoir prévenue;o) bisous***********

Sachiko said...

Your progress is so lovely!
And flower pincushion is very cute!I want to try it someday!

Crazy X-Stitcher Etc said...

The pincushion is absolutely beautiful. :-)

I have Curly Q Ewe...but presently doing Home of Needleworker. All the big chunks of stitching on the house....really slows me down.

Unknown said...

Curly Q is coming out great, and you're stitching so fast! I like the color you used for the flowers, it's a great *mistake* to make :-)