Friday 11 January 2008

Friday wanderings

I know... what's with all the posts? Well, I just thought it would be easier in the categories and such... So if you just arrived, there are a SBQ post and a review just below ;)

You might have noticed that I added extra "I'm stitching" designs on the left sidebar. If I'm mostly stitching Cinderella, I haven't given up hope of stitching the others, especially "Snowflakes", which was for a SAL. I will provide a pre-week end picture of Cinderella later today. Yes, I would like to rest and stitch this week end, and progress on Cinderella. With little breaks on the other projects.

At this point of year, I have loads of ideas for crafts, but I also feel more choosy. For exemple, I didn't buy WOCS magazine yesterday, despite the Sarah Kay design. I still have to finish the one from CS Crazy, and I still have 2 others better than that one. I love Sarah Kay, I grew up with these pictures, but let's face it, I don't know what I would do with the stitched piece. So...

I find myself thinking that a lot these days. "What would I do with the finished piece?" Yet another frame? Yet another pouch? And so on...

I feel it's a bit early to change my decorations to Spring. Valentine's day maybe? Does any of you decorate for Valentine's day? What do you do?

Kucki, I was thinking about making a keyring with my mini design, but it's a bit small for the keyring I have ! Maybe a visit to Hobbycraft is necessary... And you know Veronica, "stamp" is a word that came in all of our heads about the first miniature... especially with the border and stuff. but i wouldn't put that on a letter ;)

Lili, good news. Just as you get a liking to silk threads, DMC is launching the Satin threads range, to replace the Rayon range (which i know you hate working with). CrossStitcher mag says it's silk. Now, looking around... it seems it's 100% viscose. But silk like touch. The viscose would explain why it's only 99p a skein. Plus, if you are against using poor animals to make threads (like for silk)...

------------------------------------------------------

Je sais... pourquoi tant de posts? Pour les categories et tout ca je suppose... Je suppose que vous avez vu que j'avais mis plus de projets en cours dans la barre de gauche. He oui, j'espere toujours travailler sur mes wips, surtout Snowflakes qui est un SAL a l'origine. Je posterai encore ce soir, avec une photo de Cinderella, meme si elle n'avance pas vite. En fait, j'aimerais y passer du temps ce week end, et faire des coupures avec els autres projets.

Je trouve qu'en ce moment, meme si j'ai des idees plein la tete, je fais la fine bouche. Par exemple, je n'ai pas achete un magazine hier malgre le design Sarah Kay. J'en ai encore un en cours, et 2 a broder mieux que celui-la. Et meme si j'aime bien Sarah Kay (elle m'a accompagnee toute mon enfance), je ne vois pas tres bien ce que je ferai du projet fini.

C'est la pensee du moment : "Que ferais-je du truc une fois brode?" Un autre cadre? Une autre pochette? Et ainsi de suite...

En plus il est un peu tot pour passer a la deco de Printemps, peut etre devrais-je faire des trucs de St Valentin? est-ce que vous decorez pour St Valentin, au fait? Et que faites vous?

Pink Canary, tu as de bonnes idees pour mes miniatures, mais rappelle-toi, le plus grand est deja un mini coussin... Le second, je sais pas, je vais peut etre le mettre en porte-clef, ou autre petits trucs qu'ils ont a Hobby craft...

CrossStitcher parle d'une nouvelle game de soie DMC. Pourtant, en y regardant de plus pres sur le net, ce fil a 99p en Angleterre semble etre en viscose !!!! Est-ce que quelqu'un a deja utilise ces fils? Je dois dire que si ca permet de ne pas utiliser les pauvres vers a soie... ca peut etre un mieux ;)

4 comments :

Leeland said...

LOL!!! You can use whatever awful bugs you want, I don't give a damn!!!
Well, let's talk as a grown up person. I have been so disgusted by DMC's rayon threads that the length of DMC satin that my LNS owner gave me went straight to the bin (she insisted on giving it to me for me to try it....).
I never think of what to do with the finished piece: they mostly stay in beautiful boxes, and -sometimes- end up half sewn into pillows. I don't care: all the fun is in stitching for me.
That's a good topic for a post, let me think about it... Lol!
Hugs!
Lili

Anonymous said...

Tant mieux, +de posts = +à lire :-D Pour le déco , en général, je ne mets aucune broderie par rapport aux saisons/fêtes car pas de place! Pour les fils satin, pas encore essayé mais ça ne me dit pas trop. Pour le "quoi faire avec cette broderie", je ne me pose plus la question et comme Lili, c'est pour le plaisir de broder, même si ça fini dans une pochette...c'est le cas de la plupart des broderies faites pour moi!et toujours le problème de la place, je ne peux mettre aucun tableau!

Veronica said...

I'm honored you mentioned my name in your post. Well, I was thinking it would be cool to stitch that onto a mailart envelope as a makeshift stamp. Of course you won't be able to post it as it is but it's still pretty cool. ^.^

nela said...

OHHH Yo no decoro de san valentin asi que no puedo ayudarte....