Monday 5 November 2007

Snowfall update

Forest Snowfall is back from the wip bag... and there is still quite some work to be done on it. But you never know how fast it can be stitched...

Yesterday I went to Hobbycraft to get a frame for Acorn Hill, and they have a 25% off on frames until Nov 11th, so I will have to go back with Tearoom and Renaissance Lady.

I feel the frame I took for Acorn Hill, clear pine, isn't really what I need, so I will try something darker. But it will have to wait until Wednesday evening.

Lili, the green on Acorn Hill is 4065, DMC variation (I think, check the gallery page). I thing it's a new one, arrived on the day I started Acorn Hill. That green is interesting indeed, as it's a thyme/natural green, and not Christmas pine green ;)

Tracy, welcome... I don't usually finish a project as big as Acorn hill so fast !!! I was just on holiday, and didn't do much else from 9am to 2am ;)

Kris, I'm like you, my tastes in stitching keep on changing, visiting the gallery shows how different my projects are. I prefer smaller projects, because I tend to loose patience with projects.

But I still have Cinderella from Mirabillia to finish, and it would look good on my walls...

Now, on a variation on that theme... Jaqueline, I stopped doing magazine reviews. Lately I noticed I didn't want to stitch anything in those magazines, and the reviews ended up saying "this is crap crap crap".

But of course, this is my opinion. It's unfair for the magazines and the quality of the designs.

Then there is the money aspect of it. Why would I pay for stuff I vaguely look at before throwing the whole thing in the recycling bin, when I can use the money to buy stash and charts I like?

Of course I still buy magazines I like, but it would be more likely to be Stitch and Craft (former Quick and Easy) or CrossStitch Crazy. When I subscribe to CrossStitcher and WOCS. Don't ask...

5 comments :

Name: Vicki said...

Acorn Hill is so beautiful! I really love stitching with fall colors! Have a great day!

Tracy911 said...

Speaking of Stitch N Craft, I got a letter yesterday saying that the mag is changing yet again, and they are sending me a free copy. This time around it's going to be Crafting based, instead of a mixture. I'm highly disappointed :( When it was Quick and Easy I loved it. Ah well.

Leeland said...

This is such a lovely project... Thanks for the reference, I hadn't been able to identify it...
I have ended my subscription to both these mags and I don't miss them at all. Same reasons as yours. Tastes change...
Hugs!
Lili

Felicity said...

I sort of came to the same conclusion about the magazines too, so stopped subscribing. It's probably just a case of having grown them in experience as a stitcher & thus having out-grown the magazines.

Unknown said...

I have forest snowfall in my stash, we have no local craft/ needle work store nearby, think the closest one is 250 miles or better. So I rely on the internet for my projects.

I subscribe to magazines too, and to many, allot of them I can only find a few things to stitch. I subscribe to the Stoney Creek, Just Cross stitch, Cross stitch and needlwork and The Cross stitcher. But it's nice to get them in the mail, so I do have something to work on, as the person that fills the magazine stands at the grocery store doesn't have any cross stitch magazines.