Sunday 11 November 2007

I couldn't help it...

And Garden Pleasures is finished ! I couldn't help adding eyes and a mouth to this lady.

This project is very very personalised. The dress and fabric are blue to match my grandma's tastes, and I'm sure you would prefer a lady with a real face.

I also added "BM" on the flower pot, for "Bonne Maman", which is what I call my grandma.

Now I have to try and find a frame for it, and it will be ready for Christmas !!!!

Now I started Simply Snowdays for my mantel piece

I also did a bit of framing today. As I said before (I think), I didn't like the light wood frame for Acorn Hill, and anyway it was a bit crooked. So I used another darker frame. More "autumny".

This time I stuck the design onto the backing cardboard with double sided tape after cutting to the right dimension. I did the same for Old Gardens, and Tearoom (not pictured here, as my pictures are bad).

I also framed the Renaissance Lady.

To take my pictures I decided to go in the garden for natural daylight. It's difficult to find a place, so in the end I've put a nail in the fence, so I can reuse the spot easily.

If Acorn Hill is on the mantel piece at the moment, I don't know where to put the renaissance lady and Old Gardens. We'll see...

.

6 comments :

CJ in OK ;-) said...

Garden Pleasures looks great. It's so nice that you personalized it. The framed pieces came out lovely too. Happy Stitching

stitcherw said...

Garden Pleasures turned out wonderful. I like the changes you made, and agree adding the eyes and mouth make her a little more friendly and finished looking. Your grandmother is going to love it.

Your framing turned out great too. I like the darker frame on Acorn Hill, and the blue one for Renaissance Lady sets her off beautifully.
Sue

Irene said...

Garden Pleasures looks great, love the personalization. Your framing looks awesome.

Jenn M said...

Wow, I think I need to start stitching some LHN designs just so I can get something finished in a decent amount of time! Way to go!
Isn't it nice to get your stuff framed and "finished off"?

Leeland said...

I LOVE those frames!!! And Garden Pleasures is a perfect personalization...
Hugs!
Lili

Anonymous said...

Lovely! I love how you personalized GP, and I love your framing jobs. Do you have places picked out for the new pieces?