Friday 9 November 2007

Garden pleasure update 1

Here is Garden Pleasures after about 5 hours of work. It's really really nice to stitch. And it's a nice change from Fall and Christmas.

Yesterday I placed a big order to 1-2-3 Stitch: LHN and CCN charts (Gingerbread cottage, Snowflake, Herb garden) and The Seasons from Bent Creek, 2 crescent colours threads for the Gingerbread Cottage, and some lilac linen. I seem to stitch these so fast I really need amo ;)

A leisurely week end approches, and I have quite a few things to do craft wise. First, framing and sewing. Then sorting out a plan of what i have to stitch, Christmas ornaments and such. Stuff are a bit everywhere, it's not really inspirationnal.

Yesterday we also had a bit of a heavy stormy rain, but no flood as such. I will only have to remove the leaves from my front garden, I'm waiting for the wind to die out a bit.
Jenn, I don't really find "thread conversion" so hard... the DMC variations, especially the new ones, sort of match what we need in general. And I tend to write down the conversion I use on the gallery page of my projects, if that helps...

I started my own conversions when I got fed up of buying and buying new threads for each project. Threads you use only once, and/or very similar to threads I already have. With time, it seems like there are "top threads" I had to rebuy over and over anyway, and I have threads I hardly use, so....

Lili, you know I don't like overdyed threads... Once again, threads you buy for only one project, more expensive than DMC plain threads, and in the end, I don't really like the effect anyway. I guess it has a lot to do with the fact that I can only get them ordering in the US and such, it's a hassle. So DMC variations is a good compromise...

3 comments :

Anonymous said...

You are stitching fast and much lately! Congratulations! Ann

Unknown said...

Wow, you stitch so quickly. I've been rather slow, but it's busy on the ranch, we are moving cattle home, and weaning and selling calves.

I hurt my shoulder last week, we were helping the neighbors move their cattle home, and they let the barb wire fence down, and I was leading my mare across, when someone from behind spooked her, and she ended up dragging me.

Leeland said...

A lovely choice of colours, once again. I love playing with colours, too. You've obviously inspired me with that...
HUgs!
Lili