Monday 18 December 2006

Wanderings of Monday morning

I plunged and got the beta version of Blogger... and got a fright when I thought they stripped this blog of design (on the day I spent an hour doing it), and content. But apparently they just created a new blog to correspond to my gmail adress. Useless.

I solved the mystery of the comments. On beta blogs, if you comment and you are asked for your google or blogger username and pass, you can only give your google ID.

I also noticed that my Links list was out of date, so for clarity of design, I report you to my Bloglines list, which is even more complete than my usual one.

Yesterday I started making Winter Wonderland into a cushion or quilt, when I realised I didn't feel like fighting against my sewing machine, and I'd rather leave my grandma do it. We'll have all Friday to do that...

After a search for my passport 2 weeks ago, my "on the go" pouch, it was my bright orange project folder to play hide and seek with me. But I won. Oh, and my brand new halogen lamp broke too, I had to change the bulb. Now I hope it will last longer ! Otherwise I will just buy a regular floor lamp !

I started Winter eve from Country Cottage Needleworks, on dark blue linen Lili sent me a few weeks ago. She has stitched this design on natural linen as intended, and she feels it's a bit mute. Plus everybody stitched this design on natural linen, so I wanted to change.

8 comments :

Crazy X-Stitcher Etc said...

I would miss my clicky-clicky on your sidebars to various stitchers site. And I would miss the emotes too....any chance of having them here??

Definitely would like to see what colour the house going to be as most of the blog...shows blue. Bright yellow on dark blue linen?

Anonymous said...

Your grandmother must be happy, you're going to France and she gets the job?

Glad to read you again.

Anonymous said...

You are cruising along well with your stitching even if blogging seems to give you so much trouble. I hope that clears up soon. Thanks for the updates San, looking forward to seeing your next WIP. Ann.

Caitlin said...

San, you have had your share of blog woes. Aren't we all glad you know how to get them fixed!?

Caitlin said...

You have certainly had your share of blogger woes. Aren't we all glad you know how to fix them!?

Caitlin said...

Sorry about the little 'echo' post. Wasn't sure the first attempt had been successful, but I guess I got it right the first time.

Leeland said...

Let's see if the blogger beta mystery's solved for me too!
I do hope your house won't be broght yellow btw lol!!!
Lots of hugs!

Anonymous said...

Your main blog is down...so here I am again.

Wishing you advance Merry Christmas to you, BF and loving family.

Have a safe trip too.

Sending warmest hugs from sunny Singapore. :)